“And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” (Luke 11: 9–10)
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
Beginning September 15, Pastor Mike and Pastor Paul will be sharing four special messages each Sunday on the importance of prayer. These messages will help you to grow in your personal prayer life as well as provide inputs and ideas for our prayer groups during the 30 days.
Get onboard and join an FCG 30-Day Prayer Group
Our desire is that every person in the church connect with one or two other people, outside of their own family, beginning September 16, 2019 and pray together for 30 days. Everyone will be provided with a daily Prayer Plan which helps you to connect with your partners through telephone, Facetime, WhatsApp or Skype.
The best way to find a prayer partner or partners is to just ask, and the best place to ask is at church. Also, you can simply give someone a call or send a WhatsApp message. Regardless, pray about who you could ask. God will answer your prayer and help direct you to the right person! Men pray with men and women pray with women.
Goals for each day during the 30 Days of Prayer:
- Your personal prayer time should be a minimal of 10-15 minutes and hopefully much longer.
- Start your personal prayer time, by thanking the Lord specifically for what he has done in your life. As an example, thank him for your family, friends, job and church and whatever ever else comes to mind. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6)
- Pray for each person in your group. Make sure you ask what their needs are. (These requests are confidential and should not be shared outside the group.)
- Let God lead you as your pray for any other special needs that come to mind.
- Additional weekly prayer requests will be provided by the church for all participants.
- Each day if possible, briefly connect with your prayer group via email, telephone, WhatsApp, Facetime or Messenger
- Once a week, each group should try to get together for 30 minutes to one hour of prayer. This can happen at the church, in your home, at the park, or any other location that works out best for the group. If it is not possibly to personally meet, try to meet together through Facetime, Skype or WhatsApp.
What is the best Prayer Method?
For personal prayer, everyone has a favorite way or place that is best suited for them. You may like to stand, sit, raise your hands or kneel. You may prefer to pray silently or out loud. Some people prefer to walk outside or go to a special place where they can seek God. What every works best for you personally, that is the right way.
“…if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.“
(2 Chronicles 7:14)